Monday, April 11, 2011

Enigmatic dream of the mid-21st Century

The mid-1980s were an unusually sharp time for me; I had begun my OOBE journal and had begun recording some tentative experiences. I had started my dream journal ten years earlier and had compiled a number of precognitive dreams. However, it was in 1985 that I first was introduced to the "alien abduction" phenomenon in Budd Hopkins' Missing Time. And it was in 1985 that I first found Seth Speaks at a local used record and book store. Before this discovery, however, I wrote down a dream of a future incarnation in the middle of what is now our present century. In the dream, I was enrolled in school, and I was investigating a strange growth of trees in a forest; some of the trees had grown zigzagged, while others were bent at right angles. My co-investigator argued that the cause of the phenomenon was something that originated in the distant past, whereas I argued that it had occurred in the Twentieth Century.

(This image of a strange growth of trees in the middle of the forest is a recurring image in my dreams, always associated with a time and space anomaly, but I have no idea what it means... though it might mean something in the future.)

(All well and good, aside from the fact that in 1985 I figured that the time depicted in the dream was "2040-2050," assuming that I would die in 2020 and be immediately reincarnated.)

But the dream had one unusual observation: "I had reached a state in my development where I could freely remember my previous incarnation as myself." I was, essentially, dreaming of a future self remembering my present self. And this was not seen as unusual.

Months later, when I picked up Seth Speaks, I would the same enigmatic observation about events later in this century:

In the next century, the inner nature of man, with these developments, will free itself from many constraints that have bound it. A new era will indeed begin - not, now, a heaven on earth, but a far more sane and just world, in which man is far more aware of his relationship with his planet and of his freedom within time.


* * * *

Human personality will reap benefits that now would seem unbelievable. An open-ended consciousness will imply far greater freedom. From birth, children will be taught that basic identity is not dependent upon the body, and that time as you know it is an illusion. The child will be aware of many of its past existences, and will be able to identify with the old man or woman that in your terms it will become.


A couple of things stood out when I read this in 1985. First, it contradicted what was then the conventional wisdom of the New Agers of the time, which basically said that the world would a.) flip on its axis, or b.) usher in the New Age, in the year 2000. So I made a mental note at the time to made a quick check of my environment in 2000 to see if the New Agers were correct on either score. Second, I realized that I had dreams what Seth essentially predicts for the mid-21st Century.

What happens to the world to cause such a transformation? Seth is, characteristically, reticent. However, he does go out on a limb, so to speak, and suggest that the "Christ personality" will re-manifest in the world in mid-21 Century. He will "return to straighten out Christianity, which will be in a shambles at the time of his arrival, and to set up a new system of thought when the world is sorely in need of one." By this time, "all religions will be in severe crisis," but the new Christ figure will "will clearly state methods by which each individual can attain a state of intimate contact with his own entity; the entity to some extent being man's mediator with All That Is." In other words, a world-wide spiritual transformation will concur with a political crisis, and may perhaps be the vehicle by which humanity navigates the future.

Pulling in some hints from the work of Dr. Stephan A. Schwartz, whose work I find credible, and remarks by Whitley Strieber, there is a suggestion that the planet will (and must) experience a population decline; our current population growth is unsustainable. We will reach a wall; we can go no further. We will have gone as far as we can physically go on our present path of development. Where will we go? Seth provides some significant hints in other writings.

In any case, my dream predicts that "I" will be around, in some fashion, to witness all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment