Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Speaking of books....

There are a couple of books that I'm looking for, and I haven't been able to find anything about them online. These were books that I came across years ago.

The first was a book that I found in a local library in south Alabama in the late '80s. It was one of those usual sorts of predictions books, I think; it might also have been a New Age book. I can't remember. But near the end of the book there was a chapter listing predictions for the future. I remember that this book was published in the '60s or early '70s, and the predictions were startling: One involved an assassination attempt against the Pope, wildfires in California, and a couple of other specific predictions that would have been unpredictable at the time of the book's publication. In other words, not only were the predictions accurate, but they were specific--none of usual crap like "an earthquake somewhere in South America." I kick myself for not paying more attention to the book, but I was just scanning through it, and now I wish I had paid more attention to it.

Back then, many books were not only hard to find, but also not cheap. Nowadays, most books are "getable" (for a price) and can be easily found. Maybe I thought that I would never be able to get this book.

The other book was published in the '60s and involved an Englishman who spontaneously recalled an entire past lifetime in England during the 1600s. The book was very interesting and well-written. Was it "true"? Who knows. But I thought it was entertaining. I'd like to read it again.

If anyone knows anything about these books, I have some books I'd be willing to trade... I've got a Sylvia Browne book (unread) that I picked up for a dollar. Also have some Ruth Montgomery and Jeanne Dixon books that are looking for a good home. I'll even throw in a paperback copy of Shirley Maclaine's "Dancing In The Light" (which I think was made into a bad TV movie...)

No comments:

Post a Comment