Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dr. Gary Schwartz's latest book

Despite my skepticism of medium John Edward, I've downloaded ("Kindled"?) Dr. Gary Schwartz's book 'The Sacred Promise: How Science Is Discovering Spirit's Collaboration with Us in Our Daily Lives.' John Edward wrote the forward to the book. Dr. Schwartz has also championed Allison DuBois, who I consider fraudulent. Still, I hold more disagreement with Schwartz's scientific critics (who I think are just plain wrong) than with the purported mediums that he has studied. And the book was given a thumbs-up by some okay people.

So what do you do in a field that is largely populated with charlatans (Sylvia Brown, et al.)? You do the best you can. Dr. Schwartz does have a doctorate from Harvard, which neither I nor the Amazing Randi have. So I am looking forward to reading what he has found.

No comments:

Post a Comment