Saturday, February 5, 2011

Organizing my books

I have a s*load of paranormal, New Age, and UFO books that I've compiled over the years, including an almost complete collection of Seth / Jane Roberts books that would stack several feet high. Many of those books I no longer have interest in, or are discredited. But I have always gone back to Jane Roberts over the years because the material has consistently passed through all my filters and hurdles, and a great deal of it is veridical.  Today I was looking for a particular statement that Seth made that I think is applicable to our current era: "He" stated that as the 21st century progressed, human consciousness would change, and human institutions would have to adapt to these changes; and if the institutions did not change, the people would rise up and smash them. I couldn't find this statement in "Seth Speaks," which is where I thought it was, but I wanted to cite it accurately because I think it may refer to the "people revolutions" that have been rolling, with varying degrees of success, across the world for the past two decades. In contrast to much of the empty speculation that has masqueraded as New Age Think since Jeanne Dixon began publishing her predictions in "The National Enquirer," Seth was generally circumspect about predicting our future. But those predictions, while bold, seem likely to come to pass.

I think that if you are going to embrace an esoteric or paranormal belief, credibility is important. Any material that comes from an unorthodox source (channeled, oiuja board, a mystic, Pleiadians, your late Aunt Edna, or whatnot) ought to be scrutinized well. If it's internally consistent, if future predictions actually occur, and if it generally coincides with common sense, then you can regard the material as credible. The Seth material has always passed all my internal tests, so I consider it credible.

While digging through "Seth Speaks" in search of my quote, I re-read Seth's detailed account on the origins of Christianity. It is quite fascinating. In a nutshell, Seth argues that the current established Christian religion is largely distorted based on misunderstandings of the actual events at the time, compounded by flawed or altered translations of the material that eventually became codified as the New Testament. Even though our current record of those events is flawed, Seth affirms the basic essence of the events: Jesus was a real, historic person who performed "miracles" and who was conscious of his role in the establishment of a new world religious movement. He also affirms that Jesus survived physical death, and proved this by appearing to groups of his followers. Re-reading this, I immediately thought of Whitley Strieber's age regression hypnosis session where he describes an apparent past life where he witnessed this very thing. I've always wanted to subscribe to Strieber's premium content for the sole reason of downloading that one session. It would be fascinating to compare Whitley Strieber's apparent past lifetime account with the Seth account. And veridical. It's not improbable that the impetus that propelled Christianity from a local Jewish sect, to a dominant world belief system, was not the crucifixion, or miracles performed while Jesus was alive, or the various documents reporting what Jesus might have said, but on the simple fact that Jesus survived physical death, and was able to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment