Monday, January 30, 2012

What was I doing on the night of December 26, 1985?

While listening to a recent "Coast" where Whitley Strieber was the guest host, he mentioned that that night (December 27, 2011) was one day after his dramatic encounter with the "Visitors," in 1985, as described in "Communion." I'd never paid any attention to the date of December 26, 1985 before, but I was curious. What was *I* experiencing on the nights of December 26-27, 1985? Anything? Nothing? Was I having a Tombstone pizza and a beer, as was my custom back in my high-carb youth? Or was something else going on?

Fortunately, I kept records, and I didn't realize until today that I had two experiences that have relevance to the me of 2012.

For the morning of December 27, 1985, my wife noted in her dream journal that I had had a vivid UFO abduction nightmare with a lot of "moaning and screaming" which kept her awake all night. She wrote that I told her, simply, that I had been "dreaming of a UFO abduction."

On the night prior to my abduction nightmare, on December 26, 1985, I recorded a detailed dream from the perspective of a future incarnation in the twenty-first century, remembering my life in the twentieth. It's a very "Sethian" dream and includes some striking references to ideas in "Seth Speaks." Problem is, it was recorded before I had even read "Seth Speaks"--or any other Seth material, for that matter.

So, on two consecutive nights in December of 1985, I dreamed of a future incarnation of myself, "remembering" my then-twentieth century self, and the next night I vividly experienced a UFO abduction "dream" at precisely the same time that a famous author was undergoing one--which I would read about months later.

This, to me, seems to be an appropriate platform upon which to inquire about the nature of how we experience time and physical reality, and how this might inform the number of omens of an environmental catastrophe that seems both real and imminent.

Among the most valuable ideas that I have gained from my Seth studies, which my account above illustrates, is that while we physically experience time as a fixed sequence of moments, the true nature of time is associative. We perceive a "past" and a "future," but these perceptions are an illusion... And this is not a mere theoretical or academic illusion, but one that has implications upon our everyday lives. I have also learned that the non-physical is just as "real" as the physical--and that non-physical experiences can have the same vivid impact on us as physical ones.

How this all fits in with the dire warnings of environmental catastrophe is something that I'd like to explore in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment