Monday, May 18, 2015

A Seth Pilgrim's Progress

I'm still continuing my progress through Book 4 of "The Early Session" and I've run into something interesting:

You recall that all experience has an electrical reality, deposited from birth within the physical cells of the body, so that at physical death we have an electrical counterpart of the physical being with all memory and experience intact. Were such experience a part of the physical self, and dependent upon it, the personality could hardly survive physical death.

It's interesting to me because it suggests the basis by which we survive physical death. What is universally called "spirit" or "soul" within the NDE literature, Seth calls "electrical counterpart."  I prefer Seth's term because I can somewhat wrap my mind around it--just barely. But it does explain how consciousness quickly exits the body during the NDE and while remaining "conscious"--and it also explains something that I personally find remarkable, which I have experienced--while out-of-body, I am still "me" and aware that I am "me."  One of the more frequent observations by near-death experiencers is that personal memories are retained during

Seth goes into extensive discussion of the "electrical counterpart" (and the electrical world where this counterpart resides) in Book 3 of the "Early Sessions."  The discussion is quite complex and largely above my head.  Seth emphasizes that the familiar electrical traces the we detect with our physical instruments are faint shadows of this electrical universe.

So I wonder... Is this why street lamps blink off when certain people drive near them? (It happens to me quite often.)  Is this why the "dead" can easily manipulate our electrical devices?  Can this explain why I was never able to wear a mechanical watch when I was young without it becoming magnetized?  (I can wear them fine now--not sure what this says about me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment